- Developed & managed marketing content that led to 178% lead growth YoY in Q1&2.
- Built 34+ content campaigns from conception to execution, generating $2+ million in revenue.
- Worked directly with top partners, including Google, Amazon, and Bing, on joint content.
- Overhauled an industry blog and developed editorial strategy for 2346% subscriber growth.
- Very fast and eager learner; graduated with a 4 year Bachelor’s degree in 2 years.
- Freelanced as a writer for 3 years, developing a high degree of autonomy and self-motivation.
- Certified in the Inbound Marketing Methodology.
Content Marketing Manager
ROI Revolution, Raleigh NC, 2014 – present
I develop and manage original content campaigns in a fast-paced, high-technology industry, with a goal of engaging our ecommerce audience. I’m involved in all stages of our content campaigns, including planning, strategy, execution, and distribution.
- Worked with top brands like Hydroflask, Boll & Branch, and Perry Ellis to produce educational case study presentations.
- Drive 300-700 highly qualified webinar registrations every month.
- Took ownership of our blog, eCommerce Insiders, and grew subscribers by 2346% in 18 mos.
- Shift our short-sighted company mindset to one of sustainable audience & client growth.
- Work with top partners & clients to educate personas with case studies & growth strategies.
- Test and experiment with different messaging, CTAs, and strategies for content.
- Produce webinars, guides, industry presentations, case studies, blog posts, and social posts.
Writer, Editor, Strategist
Freelance, 2011 – 2014
For three years, I worked with a high degree of autonomy, writing quality content for my clients, as well as to promote my freelance business. My clientele ranged widely, from a top US retailer to a boutique project management company to authors and investment firms.
Key Skills Gained
- Ability to quickly become a subject matter expert in new technologies & industries.
- Ability to adapt voice, content, and story for different audiences.
- Self-motivation, organization, and time management.
- Content Strategy
- Brand Storytelling
- Content Analytics
- Editorial Calendars
- Webinars / Seminars
- Whitepapers / eBooks
- Email Marketing
- Project Management
- Interpersonal Communications
- Partner Management
- Customer Interaction
- Trend Analysis
- Agile Mindset
- Time Management
- Cross-Team Collaboration
- Google Analytics
- Intermediate Graphic Design
- Collaboration & Productivity Tools (Trello, Wrike, Zapier, Buffer, RescueTime, etc)
- CRM Management
- HTML, CSS, and PHP
- Advanced CMS Management
- Microsoft Office
Emily amazed me with how quickly she was able to write as an expert in a new field — and how quickly she could write! She is a written productivity machine and after she took over as editor of our industry website, she attracted other great writers like crazy and substantially increased the quality of the content overall.Chris Crompton
I currently produce content for the eCommerce Insider’s blog under Emily’s editorial management. Emily recruited me, and I’ve continued producing under her direction for almost two years (and going strong).
As time has passed, I’ve watched Emily juggle responsibilities that are usually tasked to two-three different employees. All the while, she’s hired and nurtured a core team of writers while also reviving an all-but-abandoned content marketing blog, steering its direction and presentation into a noteworthy marketing tool for the ROI Revolution digital agency.
As a professional storyteller, it’s great to work with an editor who cares about story presentation as much as I do. I’ve also enjoyed the increased level of editorial creativity that she’s allowed me and other “veteran” writers.
Finally, it’s great to work with an editor who allows her core writers to grow and explore ways to produce the best work possible for the agency’s brand.Terri Scott
I have worked with Emily at Ecommerce Insiders for about 2 years now, right from the moment she took over managing the site and the cooperation is nothing but fantastic.
Emily is an exceptional editor with a passion for writing. She’s full of great ideas, always eager to help and suggest topics or new direction for content.
Since taking over the site she’s grown it into a mature industry blog, attracted great writers, and increased the quality of the content.
Emily is also very approachable, helpful, and reliable. I know that whatever challenges I may face writing for Ecommerce Insiders, Emily’s always there to help.Pawel Grabowski
Emily is an exceptional coworker who I have the pleasure to work with on a daily basis. As the content marketing manager, she takes her responsibility of creating high-quality copy seriously.
She is an excellent editor and writer who pays close attention to detail and strives to produce work of a high standard. And she produces a lot of great work – from emails to white papers to blog posts, and so on.
No matter the medium, Emily uses her strong writing skills to entice prospects and keep clients engaged. She is also incredibly knowledgeable about our industry, making her incredibly helpful when collaborating on overall content strategy.
Some of the best qualities Emily possesses are her positive attitude and willingness to help her coworkers when they’re in need. As a new employee several months ago, Emily showed me the ropes and was always willing to answer questions that I had.
Her positive attitude is appreciated in our often high-stress work environment. She keeps a smile on her face while juggling the multitude of projects that come her way.
Emily is a model employee who I thoroughly enjoy working with. I highly recommend Emily and her strong skill set.Persis Swift
Emily is full of ideas and eager to try them, seeking to make things better. Her content writing is consistent, professional and thorough. She’s a good teammate to have during complex multi-channel marketing efforts.Mark Curtis